Information Technology & Communications
The Township is proud to announce that Parks Programs and Facility rentals can now be done online! Read on...
The Department of Information Technology and Communication strives to provide the highest quality technology-based services in the most efficient, cost-effective manner. The IT Dept. is the curator for all Township related data and electronic files.
We provide effective technology support for computer, multimedia, voice, mobile, video, web based applications, apps, servers, security and network infrastructure of the Township. We promote and facilitate the effective integration of secure technology into the basic mission and processes of Muhlenberg Township through planning, training and various support activities; develop, enhance, and manage the Township’s network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources; facilitate the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate security and access; provide capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the distribution through broadcast, broadband, software, the World Wide Web, and other telecommunications technologies; provide fast and reliable access to all information systems.
Our office hours are 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
The Department of Information Technology services the Township's computer users on weekdays from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, as well as after hours and weekend support for the Police Department. Users can call in a request for the department's services, enter a ticket into the computer support system, or contact the on-call staff personnel. The requests are monitored to address any emergencies that arise.
The Information Technology department’s mission is to provide our users with access to electronic information in an efficient and timely manner. We accomplish this through teamwork, high employee morale, use of new technologies, customized programming, and dissemination of expertise in partnership with our vendors, partners and residents in order to enhance data operations.
The Department provides information technology innovation and computer system support services to the Township’s Departments in numerous ways:
- Provides local administration and maintenance of the City-wide computer network.
- Provides support to Township departments utilizing the various municipal support software.
- Manages a centralized information systems equipment acquisition and utilization program.
- Supports users by means of educational sessions through Training and direct personal support by Department staff.
- Support and implementation of hardware/software utilized by the all departments.
- Develops and maintains the website for Muhlenberg Township (www.muhlenbergtwp.com)
- Develops and maintains an Intranet for Township Employees
- Develops and maintains the GoTo Muhlenberg App.
Have a question or comment for the Information Technology Department? Call us at 610-929-4727 ext. 261 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org