Your Snow Removal Responsibilities
- Vehicle Parking: If at all possible, park vehicles off the street in your driveway. Because of the added difficulty with plowing cul-de-sacs, it's especially important to get all vehicles off of them. If cars are parked in cul-de-sacs it may prevent the plows from clearing a passable area for you and your neighbors.
- Driveways: The Township annually receives complaints about plowing driveways closed or covering sidewalks after a resident has spent hours shoveling them open. Unfortunately, during plowing operations snow is pushed to the right side of the road, regularly blocking driveways and parked cars and occasionally covering sidewalks.
- The best way to avoid having to clear snow from your driveway multiple times is to wait until plowing operations are completed before you clean up. If you'd like to get a head start but don't need to get out of your driveway, consider not shoveling the last six feet toward the street until the plowing operation is complete.
- If you need to clear your driveway before plowing is complete, you can minimize the amount of snow plowed into the driveway. Clear not only your driveway out into the street, but also all of the snow at least 10 feet along the street. This will allow plows to unload most of the snow before crossing in front of your driveway.
- Sidewalks: Snow and ice must be cleared from sidewalks within 24 hours after the storm ends. If you can't completely clear your sidewalk because of ice conditions, treat it with sand or other abrasive material.
- Not Permitted: Don't throw or blow snow into the streets or alleys. Pile the snow behind the curb line or street edge where it won't obstruct traffic movement or the Township's plowing operation.
- Storm Water and Fire Hydrants: You're required to clear snow around fire hydrants on your property. You can also help minimize flooding by clearing snow from storm sewer catch basins located along your property.
- Before Winter: Please check the position of your mailbox to insure that it doesn't extend over the edge of the street making it susceptible to plow damage. If your mailbox is damaged by a plow, notify the Township as soon as possible.
Above all, please be patient. If you have a problem, call the Township office at 610-929-4727 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays. If you receive a recording, leave your name, address, phone number and nature of your concern. After 4:30 p.m. emergencies only may be reported to the Police Department.
The Township will declare a snow emergency when a significant winter storm is predicted. When an emergency is declared, all vehicles must be removed from both sides of the streets that have posted emergency route signs until snow removal is completed and the snow emergency declaration has ended. To learn whether a snow emergency is in effect, please visit our website or watch for announcements on local TV and Radio stations.
Snow Emergency Routes
|Number||Snow Emergency Route Street Name||From||To|
|N/A||Cherokee Ranch - Number 1 through 16||N/A||N/A|
|1||8th Avenue||Allentown Pike||Hartman Avenue|
|2||Apache Lane||Mohave Road||Sioux Road|
|3||Casa Grande||El Hatco Drive||Las Vegas Drive|
|4||El Hatco Drive||Tuckerton Avenue||To the end|
|5||Hartman Avenue||Tuckerton Avenue||Kutztown Road|
|6||Hartman Circle||Cul-de-sac||Hartman Avenue|
|8||Las Vegas Drive||Fifth Street||To the end|
|9||Mohave Road||El Hatco Drive||Las Vegas Drive|
|10||San Mateo Lane||Tuckerton Avenue||Wilshire Road|
|11||Silver Spur Lane||Casa Grande||Wilshire Road|
|12||Sioux Road||El Hatco Drive||Las Vegas Drive|
|13||Sunset Road||El Hatco Drive||Las Vegas Drive|
|14||Sutter Mill Lane||Sioux Road||Sunset Road|
|15||Wagon Wheel Lane||Mohave Road||Casa Grande|
|16||Wilshire Road||El Hatco Drive||Las Vegas Drive|
|17||Chestnut Street||Oak street||County Street|
|18||Euclid Avenue||Beginning||5th Street Highway|
|19||Fifth Avenue||Sharp Avenue||Darby Avenue|
|20||Frances Street||Sharp Avenue||So Temple Boulevard|
|21||Jefferson Street||Kutztown Road||Madison Avenue|
|22||Madison Avenue||Kutztown Road||Fifth Street|
|23||Park Avenue||Raymond Street||Jefferson Street|
|24||Raymond Street||Park Avenue||Madeira Plaza|
|25||Tuckerton Avenue||Fifth Street||Kutztown Road|
|26||Vesta Place Avenue||Monroe Street||Girard Avenue|